Saturday, July 1, 2017

Camp NaNoWriMo Starts Today!!!

This time last year I was going into this strong. Then I had the worse family vacation ever and that's a story for a different day. However, this year is a new year and to make a big dent in my writing. I am going to stay positive about it. I don't expect to write 50,000 words, but if I could get half of that I would be happy. Some of you may or may not know I have been working on the same writing project for awhile now and there's always been a problem with the beginning. Whether the first chapter was cliched or there wasn't a good flow it never worked out. About the beginning of June I came up with the perfect beginning for my story. Six thousand words later I am making progress on my first draft.

The goal of this month is two right 25,000 words, so by the end of this I should have 31,000 words which is great. I am going to be doing weekly updates every Saturday. These updates will include how it is working out for me and something I have learned. Perfection isn't the key because this is a first draft. There's going to be more drafts after this, more times to polish, and more times to strive to getting published.  Even after it gets published that doesn't mean it is perfect because perfection is impossible.

I am buckling down and finally telling the story that has been forming in my head for years. I am double majoring in college to better my writing. Too better my future. No one is going to write the books for me. It's time for me to get serious. It's time for me to start carving my future as a writer. My worries have been keeping from a lot of things, but I refuse to let it stop me from what I want to do. Writing is risky and anything is risky. A lot of people don't follow their dreams because it is too risky. Maybe that is why I have been putting it off.

No one is going to take you seriously if you don't take yourself seriously. Hopefully this inspirational cliche speech has helped motivate someone, because it has helped me. Remember keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment