Monday, December 31, 2018

A Semester Recap

I feel one of the best ways to grow as person is to reevaluate certain aspects of your life. I want the Spring Semester of 2019 to be my best semester yet. In order for me to be some of what successful I am going to give a quick recap of my semester and then go into what went wrong. I will not discuss my goals for the Spring Semester of 2019 in this post, that will be a post you will see later in the week. 


My first two semesters were pretty rough. As I was preparing for my sophomore year I was excited to see what was in store for me. A lot of amazing things happened. I met a whole new group of wonderful, fantastic people. I am ecstatic that I was given the opportunity to meet these people. I joined Anime Club, Flute Studio Allies, Disability Awareness Club, and Alpha Phi Omega. I finally auditioned for one of the plays on campus. And I got a part in it. I started a new job on campus, which I love. 

However, I struggled on the academic side of things. I somehow managed to maintain my GPA despite getting an unexpected C in a course. I am not the best academic writer. I thrive in creative writing, and unfortunately as an English major there are multiple academic papers I have to write a semester. I have improved drastically since my first semester as an English major. I had to withdraw from a class because it wasn't what I expected, and that is okay. My anxiety is telling me to panic about withdrawing from this class because I need a science, but it is okay. 

My sleep schedule this semester was inconsistent. Who is sleep? I don't know because I barely got any. There was the normal time management and procrastination issues. I had a poor laundry schedule. I never cleaned of my desk. I know I need to study in the library or in a relatively quiet place, but I didn't do that. I didn't have three meals a day. I know I need my three meals a day or I get sick. I took way too many naps. I didn't do enough self-care. I didn't go the gym. 

Overall, a lot of things did go wrong, but I guess I had a nice semester. I am a better person because everything I did. I do not regret any of my choices. Comment below how your semester went? Are you excited for your next semester? You call follow me or contact me on social media @chey_ouatar, and as always keep searching for your Once Upon A Time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment