Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Court of Thrones and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 416
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's
Publication Date: 05-05-2015
Average Rating: 4.30
Add to Goodreads
Synopsis: "When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it... or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever"





Where do I begin with this book? I didn't really know, what to expect from this book. Going in I know there was Fairies and there was a Beauty and the Beast twist. I also knew that this was Sarah J. Maas and I love her writing so much. I knew I wasn't going to be let down with this book. There wasn't one part that I didn't like about this book and I wish I could have read it sooner than now.

Feyre is very different from Celaena and I really enjoy that. There's a fresh new set of characters and a different world we are in. I'm glad every single one of them is different from Throne of Glass.I didn't like Feyre's sisters, they were horrible to her and expected everything to be done for them. I wanted to strangle them so many different times. They only treated her nice when they thought she inherited their aunts money. Other than that all of the characters were likeable. There even was some foreshadowing at the new possible villains.

If you aren't convinced to read this because of the characters then let me elaborate on the plot. There's parts in the book that make your heart beat fast, that keep you second guessing on what's going to happen. You don't know whose going to live or die. Everything was done perfectly with the plot. There was no insta love and it didn't appear to be made in a love triangle. The book was perfectly pace to a t. I even loved that there wasn't a cliffhanger that it ended in a good place. I love cliffhangers, but sometimes it is good for something different. I'm really glad that the Beauty and the Beast twist wasn't the center of the whole story, it was a big part yes, but it wasn't all about it. I hope that last sentence made sense to you guys.

I was so excited to see that this was book was in first person. I know this isn't huge deal and I would have loved it either way, but I love first person point of view Sometimes when writers go back and forth on the way they write different series, its gets a little confusing and messy. However, with this I found that it was a clean slate.

I can't wait to read A Court of Mist and Furry to see what happens next, I heard it was the better than the first.This is a solid five star book. I loved it so ,so much and I'm totally shipping Feyre and Tamlin all the way. I could gush on why you should read this all day, but I'm not. If you have read this book, did you guys like it? Have you read A Court of Mist and Furry, what were your thoughts on that? Remember keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.





No comments:

Post a Comment