Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's Reading Resolution



Hello my lovely readers and welcome to 2018. Not only is this post the first of the New Year; it is also the first of my Birthday Blog Bash, which is a whole month of me posting everyday. Let's get into my Reading Resolutions for 2018.



On January 1st, 2017 I posted 2017 Reading Goals, and here I am back at it again; and this year I don't want to fail.  My goals from last year were:

  1.  Get on my bookish social media more often. This seems like a small goal at hand, but I have been on an unannounced hiatus for awhile now and I really want to make time for it. 
  2. Read 20 Classics this year. This goal is supposed to help me become very well rounded in different types of literature
  3. Finish off at least 5 different series. I really want to finish the series I already started and I'm pretty sure I can finish off these in series within the coming months.
  4. Start at least 5 new series that I been meaning to read. Again I think I can do that within the coming months. 
  5. Read a an author I have been meaning reading to read.
  6. Read at least two adult books.
  7.  Read all of my Netgalley Books 
  8. Read 175 books in total.

I actually completed read 20 Classics due to me being an English we covered tons of classic English literature my first semester. Another goal I completed was read an author that I been wanting to read forever. The goal was completed because I read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. My goals for the upcoming year are: 


  1.       Read 30 Classics 
  2.       Finish off at least 10 series 
  3.       Start at least two new series. 
  4.       Read an author that I been meaning to read. 
  5.       Read at least two adult books. 
  6.       Get my Netgalley feedback rate to 80% 
As you notice I didn't set a number goal. Having a number goals and attentive tbr stresses me out. With the goals I set accomplishing them shouldn't' be too hard.What are your Reading Resolution's? What are some of your favorite classics or adult books? Drop them in the comments or tweet me @chey_ouatar. Until next time remember to keep looking for your Once Upon A Time. 


2 comments: