Monday, July 4, 2016

In My Once Upon A Time #2

   In My Once Upon A Time is a monthly wrap up that is posted on the fourth of every month. The month of June was my first month off from school. However, I didn't spend as much time as I would like reading books. Instead I watched a lot of Netflix and been blogging as often as possible, and I haven't posted since last week. I think I sort of fell into a slump, because I was trying to post everyday. I realize that I don't have to post every single day, I don't want my blogging to become a chore, and I also really want to love everything I put out on my blog. If taking a break helps getting creative juices flowing, then so be it. I also have been making progress on my first draft of my book, which makes me happy.


Here's all the posts for June:

Introduction Post
Netflix Summer Bucket List
In My Upon A Time
Writing Update
Night by Elise Wisel
25 Bookish Facts
Duff by Kody Keplinger
Reviewing Books
An Open Letter to Authors
Twenty One Pilots Book Tag
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
A Quarrel Called by Shannon Wendtland Book Tour

I enjoyed writing every single one of these posts this month. However, I do have my favorite posts that I put a little extra thought and work into and those are Reviewing Books and An Open Letter to Authors. I love once awhile having that idea that gives you that feeling of anxiousness, because you don't know how people will respond to it and you hope that it reaches somebody other than you.


June's Progress:

Page Views-420
Posts- 13
New Twitter followers- 35
Total Twitter followers- 102
Facebook Post- 7
Facebook Likes- 0
Total books read 4

FYI in no way am I'm bragging about this I just want to share my progress on how far I'm coming along. I have been doing a lot of marketing for my posts more than I ever did on my wordpress blog. Its really paying off my I reached 420 views in one month that's a butt load more than I ever did before. After I got to about 100 views after the first week, I thought I would make my goal 400 and I passed that. I even got 100 twitter followers, so I guess an ebook giveaway maybe?!?! I'm trying my best to post every MWF on my Facebook page, I don't have many likes on their, but that's okay because I'm working on hard and I'm so proud of what I have done.

Reading:

I have read a total of 4 books this month which is a little disappointing because I know I could do better. I recently came out of a reading slump that I had for so long. One of these books that I read this month was a reread. None of them were horrible which is great. I linked the titles of the books to their goodreads pages. I did reviews on ACOTAR and A Quarrel Called

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Red Queen by Victoria Averyard
A Quarrel Called by Shannon Wendtland

I totally failed my TBR for this month, but I'm going to read a lot of books in the month of July mostly because I have been in the mood for reading a lot books in the month of July. I don't really have TBR for this month because I fail them every attempt I try to them. I just pick up books on impulse. So I will guess we will just have to see what I read.

TV/Movies

My Netflix Summer Bucket List is sort going down the drain right now. I haven't finished How to Get Away with Murder and I can totally do that in a day. I haven't watched the new season of Orange is the New Black yet. I haven't done my Gilmore Girls Review post yet. I also started watching Grey's Anatomy and binge watching a show with 12 seasons and 27 or 25 episodes per season is hard because all of the other shows I want to watch goes out of the drain. I think I'm going to start watching multiple shows at once, instead of binging.

What's Ahead?

July is a busy month for reading, writing, and life. I'm going on vacation the first two weeks of July with my family and my best friend. I'm hopefully going to a family reunion and a medieval fair. I'm participating in the Summer Blogger Promo Tour so stay tune for those posts. I'm also participating in Camp NaNoWriMo I will be doing updates on my blog throughout the month. Just stay tune for whats coming up.


Thank you all for the first month back in the blogging community, I appreciate every single view, comment, and follow. I can't for a wonderful month of July. What did you do this month? What do you have plan ahead? Remember keep looking for your Once Upon A Time.




No comments:

Post a Comment