Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Getting Candid

Blogging started out as a passion and still is one, however, with the last year and a half I haven't been blogging or reading as much as I used to. 2017 has brought a lot of changes some good some bad; it also has allowed me to realize that I do have depression and anxiety. I always knew I had anxiety, but was skeptic about the depression. Despite knowing they go hand and hand. Anyways the lack of motivation to do the things I once love started to become more prominent. And like a chain reaction life events started to throw me into a vicious cycle of anxiety and depression. The last week of my first semester of college starts today, and looking back on it the grades I received reflected what was happening in my life. Going into my second semester, I will do better. Looking back on it I had the time to read,blog, and write I didn't because I just want to stay in bed, and watch Netflix.

I have tried reading multiple books, but nothing seemed to stick. A few weeks back I started reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. Forms of entertainment about sensitive issues usually leave me unaffected. Turtles All the Way Down was different because I could easily relate. To put some more context behind I started reading it at the height of all the issues going on in my personal life. Long story short I stopped reading the book. I can say from what I read it is beautiful written, and John Green did an excellent job writing it. Maybe one day I can pick it up again. I tried writing multiple posts, but the motivation to finish them is undiscovered.  

The reason I am making this post is to break the ice on why I haven't be blogging. I know I don't owe an explanation to my readers, but I want to. The plan is to reform my blog and start working towards a consistent schedule, starting with this post. To all my readers new and old, if you are going through hard times in your life just know it will get better, not all at once or even quickly; but it will get better. Remember to always keep looking for your Once Upon A Time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment